Flexible Packaging

What am I?

I am what envelops and protects the things
that are precious to you.

I allow you to savour food which is always fresh and tasty, simplifying your everyday routine and reducing food wastage.

I protect the various products you use for your health and for your personal and home care.

I exist in many forms, to better protect the quality I enclose.

I’m more sustainable than you may imagine.

I’m the lightweight container which is compact and adaptable to its content, allowing easy and energy-efficient transportation.

I weigh very little, consuming small quantities of raw materials in my production.
I’m the result of continuing research and innovation to make me increasingly recyclable.

You get to know me better and you opt for me, day after day. I’m the packaging which envelops your life, with lightness.

A multitude of ingenious forms

The shapes and materials of flexible packaging are adaptable to the content; transparent or opaque, it helps to preserve the quality of the product and it is also compact, minimizing the use of raw materials.

80% of flexible packaging is used in the food sector (dry, fresh and frozen) and the remaining 20% in various sectors such as pharmaceuticals, pet food, home and personal care.

Lightness that contains

In European supermarkets, flexible packaging is used for half of food products, excluding beverages. It also weighs much less, representing only 17% of the total weight of food packaging.

Lightness that preserves

Food loss and wastage is a global challenge. Worldwide, according to the FAO, about 1/3 of food produced is lost or wasted in the passage from producer to consumer, and in the EU we are talking about 87.6 million tonnes per year. Flexible packaging extends the life cycle of food, becoming an ally against food waste.

Lightness that protects

Flexible packaging adapts to the product it contains and preserves its characteristics. 80% of flexible packaging is used in the food sector and the remaining 20% in other sectors.

Lightness that communicates

Flexible packs are the starting point for distinguishing and recognising a product. An “identity card” that communicates nutritional information, allergens, ingredients, expiry date and more.

Lightness that accompanies

It has been estimated that if flexible packaging were adopted for all products in European supermarkets, excluding beverages, each year it would be possible to obtain an average reduction of materials consumed by around 70%, greenhouse gas emissions by 33% and waste generated by 44%.

Lightness that’s sustainable

Numerous scientific studies based on the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) approach show that the environmental impact of flexible packaging constitutes a maximum of 8% of the total environmental impact of the food contained.